All Acting Talent
- Registration form filled out completely online.
- Deadline for $45 registration is 11/30/16. Afterwards, the cost is $55. Registration for actors closes 1/12/17.
- Audition slots fill quickly and are given on a first-come, first-served basis. Upload of registration materials by registration close DOES NOT GUARANTEE AN AUDITION SLOT.
- Actors must upload photos/resumes. Your photos and resumes should be 8″x10″ (or other 5:4 aspect ratio image for best results.)
- Pre-Professional actors must be pre-screened. For more information click here
- Registration for Production Personnel closes 1/26/17.
- NO WALK-UPS ALLOWED.
Qualified and Regular Auditions
Regular Auditions will occur on Sunday, February 5th, Monday, February 6th, and Tuesday, February 7th. Actors must be available for work year-round (i.e. not going back to school in the Fall or Spring) and meet one of the following criteria:
- Have an Master Level degree or higher in THEATRE (MA, MFA, PhD, etc.), or
- Be a current member of Equity, or
- Have attended previous UPTA auditions within the last 5 years, or
- Submit an audition video with recommendation from either a current UPTA or TCG company rep.
You have 90 seconds to present your material. Musical auditions must include at least one monologue. You have 90 seconds, either way, to present your material. Your 90 seconds do not include the statement of your name and audition number. There will be an accompanist – NO TAPES. You will be seen in groups of 25. Also, for the convenience of the companies, we will be videotaping all non-Equity actors. Pre-Professional auditions will be held on Saturday, February 4th.
Pre-Professional Auditions will occur on Saturday, February 4th. Musical auditions must include at least one monologue. You have 90 seconds, either way, to present your material. Your 90 seconds do not include the statement of your name and audition number. There will be an accompanist – NO TAPES. You will be seen in groups of 25. Also, for the convenience of the companies, we will be videotaping all actors.
Interviews will occur on Saturday, February 4th only. Technical, administrative, and artistic positions will be posted at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown. Interviews will occur at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown with sign-up sheets on the companies’ hotel doors.
Acting Call Backs
Call-back lists will be gathered after each session and posted at the Sheraton Memphis Downtown. You will sign up for call-backs on the theatres’ hotel doors.
Dance Call Backs
We will have combined dance call-backs at the Sheraton Downtown Memphis involving a mover’s routine, jazz, ballet, and tap. Please bring appropriate attire and shoes.
Additional Talent Guidelines
UPTA has always attracted high caliber talent to its yearly auditions. In order to maintain this high quality, UPTA has instituted a formal procedure by which company representatives will indicate to UPTA those actors and production personnel who perhaps need more training in order to attend subsequent years, even if they meet the stated criteria.
Everyone who meets the stated criteria will be allowed to audition or interview. However, after the audition or interview, if representatives from five or more companies indicate that additional training is needed for specific individuals, those individuals will not be invited back in subsequent years until they have convinced representatives from three of the five companies that they have improved sufficiently to attend. At that point, they will be invited back to audition or interview.
Paperwork will be kept on file and open only to those individuals not invited back and for the company representatives that have submitted paperwork on those individuals. UPTA strives to maintain high quality, and this procedure has been instituted with input from actors, production personnel, and company representatives. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Michael Detroit, Audition Coordinator.