We’ve heard you! You’re feedback is important, and based on what you’ve told us, here are some things that will be different for UPTA 2017.
- We are mixing non-singing auditions back in with the singing auditions.
- We want to keep audition morale up, and encourage STRONG singing auditions.
- We are adding video pre-screening to Regular Auditions
- This excludes folks with Masters level college theatre degrees, Equity cards, or who have attended UPTA in the last 5 years.
- So, if you HAVE a Masters degree in Theatre, or an Equity card, or have attended UPTA in the last 5 years, you don’t need to submit a pre-screening audition video.
- If you DON'T have a Masters degree in Theatre, or an Equity card, AND HAVE NOT attended UPTA in the last 5 years, you will need to submit a pre-screening audition video along with validation from a current UPTA or TCG company.
- We have eliminated the EMC qualification to attend Regular Auditions. i.e. EMC points no longer qualify you to attend Regular Auditions. You must meet any one of the other qualifications.
- Pre-Professional Audition qualifications remain the same.
- See all audition requirements by clicking HERE.